Dorwest Scullcap and Valerian Dog Tablets - Calms and Reduces Anxiety
Scullcap & Valerian Tablets help to naturally relax your pet, with the active herbs naturally supporting the calming pathways within the nervous system, reducing anxiety without immobilising muscles or causing drowsiness.
They don’t make pets dopey or wobbly – in fact they are widely used for agility and show dogs when they need to be alert and focussed, but calm. Helping to tackle stress, fear and anxiety, whatever the cause, so you and your pet can relax, no matter what.
- Valerian - Helps to support the natural relaxant pathways within the nervous system, without affecting muscles.
- Scullcap - Contains a number of valuable compounds including those which bind to the GABA receptor and reduce anxiety.
- Mistletoe - Helps to support the natural calming pathways within the nervous system and helps circulation.
- Gentian - Supports the other natural active compounds and helps maintain normal liver function.
WHAT CAN THEY BE USED FOR?
- Noise phobias (fireworks/thunderstorms)
- New home/rescue
- Separation anxiety
- Habitual anxiety
- Canine cognitive dysfunction and associated confusion/disorientation
- Training/performance support
- False pregnancy - dog can become anxious and unsettled
- Hyperactive dogs
- Territorial urine spraying in cats
- Skin sensitivity in nervous dogs
- Conditions that are exacerbated by a heightened state of anxiety or nervous excitability
Give daily, ideally splitting the dose to give half in the morning and half in the evening. They can be given with or without food, whatever your pet prefers.
1 tablet per 5kgs bodyweight daily.
For best results, we advise that Scullcap & Valerian Tablets are used every day for a minimum of three weeks, ideally alongside gentle and consistent behavioural work and training. By reducing anxiety levels to more manageable levels, our Scullcap & Valerian Tablets increase the likelihood that your pet will be more responsive to this training.
For ‘one-off’ stressful events, our Valerian Compound is a great short-term, quicker-acting option and can also be used alongside Scullcap & Valerian Tablets for a top-up, if needed.
Can be given in conjunction with other products, but we always recommend consulting your vet if on existing medications. Can NOT be used during pregnancy or lactation. Always read the label.
Valerian root extract 250mg*; mistletoe extract 150mg*; gentian extract 48mg*; scullcap powder 30mg; *Equivalent from extracts.