Sprats: The Surprising Benefits of the Protein-Rich Dog Treat
Are you looking for a highly-nutritious treat for your dog? Or just want to keep your dog’s diet interesting? Well, sprats could be the answer for you and your pooch!
Here at Betty & Butch, providing high-quality, natural dog treats has been a passion of ours since we opened in 2010 and sprats are just one of the many products we provide that are enriched with vitamins and nutrients that are important to your dog’s growth and diet.
Made of 100% sprat fish, our premium Baltic sprats are a natural, nutritious bite-sized treat that is high in Omega-3 which has a range of benefits for your furry friend. Sprats are a small fish, part of the herring family and are widely recognised for their high nutritional value.
Omega-3 is a fatty acid that is essential for a healthy diet, but just like us humans, dogs don’t produce it naturally in their bodies. Adding sprats into your dog’s diet is one of the ways to make sure your dog is getting the Omega-3 nutrition they need.
Not only are they the perfect bite-sized snack, an excellent meal topper or a superb training reward for your dog, due to their size (6 to 11 cm approximately) and tasty smell, they are great to use for the seek and search game. This stimulates integral elements of their natural instincts like scent tracking and provides mental and physical stimulation.
There are a wide range of benefits to sprats that are attributed to their rich Omega-3 content.
- High in Protein - Essential for your dog’s health and diet.
- Low in Saturated Fat - Seafood like sprats can lower the amount of cholesterol in the blood which helps maintain a healthy heart.
- Arthritis relief and joint health - The omega-3 oils that are found in sprats can reduce inflammatory response.
- Reduces itchiness and dryness of the skin - Sprats include the collagen protein which helps keep skin firm and flexible.
- Helps maintain a healthy heart - Improves circulation.
- Can regulate allergies - Helps balance immune function.
- Helps maintain a glossy coat.
Not only do sprats provide these remarkable benefits but they are also rich in essential nutrients such as B vitamins: B6, B12 and niacin which contribute to a large portion of your dog’s bodily functions.
Our sprats come in either a Sprat Bag of 65 grams or a Sprat Box of 250 grams and unlike raw food where there’s always a concern for contamination, our sprats are dehydrated which reduces the chance of harbouring bacteria and helps maintain their excellent nutritious value.
So, if you’re looking for a new treat with added benefits, sprats are definitely a great addition to your dog’s diet. Our sprats for dogs have no chemicals, additives or preservatives, and they are also grain free!
Grab a box of our fishy fantastics!
- Suitable for dogs over 12 weeks old
- Easily digested
- Two to three sprats a day, not excessively.